If you are like the majority of homeowners you do not give too much thought to the parts of a refrigerator until it shuts down, or unless it comes time to buy a new one. In order to get the most use possible from this kitchen appliance it can be nice to understand exactly how it keeps food and drinks cold—and Speedy Chino Appliance Repair is here to help.
Read on to learn everything you will want to understand about how refrigerators run, how it cools your food and drinks and if it’s time to hire appliance repair Chino.
Parts of a Refrigerator
You won’t find too many houses that don’t have a refrigerator inside the kitchen. It has been a standard household appliance for a lot of years. A household refrigerator will store your food at the right temperature, to stop spoilage and stop harmful bacteria. The process of refrigeration works by transferring the warmth from the inside of the appliance to the outside, relying on principles of evaporation and condensation.
The components of your refrigerator are below. For questions or service call Speedy Chino Appliance Repair:
A refrigerator compressor is a combination of a motor and pump, and it’s responsible for circulation of refrigerant in the system.
A compressor is a very important part of a refrigerator. Homeowners should hire a professional company if the compressor is broken.
A refrigerator condenser is attached on the back exterior panel of the appliance and will help to release the heat absorbed from within the refrigerator out to the surrounding air.
The evaporator is attached on the inside of the refrigerator where absorbs the heat contained inside of it, thereby reducing the temperature inside.
The moment an evaporator stops working, it’s time to find a professional. Don’t wait too long.
Liquid coolant is directed within a capillary tube that acts as an expansion tool to cool the gas inside, transforming the gas into a liquid.
A thermostat helps regulate the temperature in the interior of a refrigerator, beginning a new cooling period when it is necessary.
A thermostat inside of a refrigerator is very prone to issues. Troubleshoot and hire a contractor in Chino for service right when an issue occurs.
How Does Refrigeration Work?
1. When the temperature within the refrigerator goes higher than the set point sensors alert the compressor to engage, and the next cooling cycle begins. The refrigerator collects the cold liquified refrigerant, then condenses and pressurizes the liquid, and raises the temperature, so it can turn into a gas form.
2. The refrigerator compressor unit pushes the heated gas in the direction of the condenser coils on the back of the unit, at which point it comes into contact with warmer air temperature in the home and transforms to a liquid state.
3. The cool refrigerant then continues on its journey towards the evaporator, finding its way through the coils on the interior of the refrigerator and top freezer.
4. The liquid then absorbs the heated air from inside the refrigerator, cooling the temperature down to the optimal set point.
5. The refrigerant evaporates, and turns back to a gas, and then returns to the refrigerator compressor unit to then continue the cooling cycle.
Refrigeration is used in a number of applications and household appliances, including heat pumps, AC units, refrigerators and residential freezers. By contracting warmth from one location and transferring it to a different one the continuous cycle of refrigeration will help cooling your house, provides a perfect storage space for food that is perishable, and helps with the manufacturing and storage of severaldifferent common products and materials.
Need Refrigerator Repair?
Does your refrigerator require service? Time to schedule an appointment with Speedy Chino Appliance Repair.
Speedy Chino Appliance Repair is able to service most standard models of refrigerators – including industrial models, side-by-side and stand-alone.Our repairman in Chino complete training to repair and troubleshoot cooling problems, ice makers, condensation, puddles and leaks, lighting, touch panels, smart systems and other problems. We know all there is to know about refrigerator repair! 100% satisfaction guaranteed!
Appliance Repair Cost
Appliance Repair Tips
Appliance Safety Tips
Repair or Replace Appliances